You can choose the balayage hairstyle for those who like to experiment with hair color. Balayage Madrid is a hair coloring technique with an exciting result. Also suitable for those of you who don’t want to linger in the salon because the process for this coloring technique is quite fast.
What is Balayage?
Balayage comes from the French word for “washing color.” Unlike other hair coloring, the hair colorist will vertically apply hair dye to the hair with a brush. Similar to highlights, the balayage hair technique is to apply color to the hair to create a blend of two or more colors. If the highlight coloring results look more like bold color lines, the balayage colors blend more smoothly, looking like natural color gradations. To get balayage Madrid highlights, hair dye is applied from one-quarter of the hair down, with the color getting lighter towards the ends of the hair.
- The work will take approximately 2-6 hours, depending on the length and color of the hair you want to produce.
- The hair colorist must sort and separate “the strands of hair before applying color.
- The braid will be foiled, which can take 2-3 hours. After that, the colored paint must be left for 40-60 minutes.
- After color absorption then, you will enter the toning process. This process is done to make the color look brighter and more vibrant and make the hair shiny. In this process, you will wash your hair using purple shampoo.
- The hair will then be dried and blow-dried. This takes about 30 minutes.
Many people like this hair coloring technique. However, what is the reason?
- Low maintenance: Unlike other colorings that require 3-4 retouches, balayage hair dye only requires two retouches a year.
- Easily adaptable to natural hair colors and various hairstyles: If you have naturally brown hair color, then the hair colorist will give you some balayage inspiration that suits you, for example, balayage brown hair color, caramel brown, to ash brown balayage.
- More durable: As hair begins to grow, the natural hair color at the roots still looks natural.
- Natural finish: It is perfect for those of you who are beginners in hair coloring and want results that are not too bright or flashy.
It could be an option for facial contouring. This technique can also ‘conjure’ the face to make it look thinner. A light color on top of the hair and a darker color on the edges of the hair can give the illusion of a more pointy face.